A suspect accused of stabbing three teenagers on a busy street bustling with Black Friday shoppers was arrested in the Netherlands early Saturday afternoon.
Dutch authorities did not identify the suspect, saying only that he was a 35-year-old man with “no fixed place of residence.”
The victims, a 13-year-old boy and two 15-year-old girls, were treated in a local hospital and released late Friday, police said in a statement. None of them knew each other ahead of the attack.
Photos and images from the scene shared on social media show scores of shoppers rushing away from the violence, which unfolded at the Grote Markstraat in The Hague around 7:45 p.m. local time.
Dutch authorities have since called on the public to come forward as witnesses and provide any details they can about the bloody attack.
The suspect, who is still at large, was initially described as man in his 40s or 50s, BBC reported. He was last spotted wearing a grey jogging suit.
Dutch authorities in a press release Saturday said they were using “all means at our disposal” to find the attacker.
“Due to the complexity and care, this takes time,” police said in a tweet.
“We understand there many questions. As soon as we know more, we will report via this channel.”
The suspect’s motive so far is unclear, but police said “there is no indication” of terrorism.
The violent incident came hours after a man wearing a vest packed with fake explosives went on stabbing spree in London, killing two people before he was fatally shot by officers.